You thought I forgot about my Somewhat Cowl, didn't you?
The design, the yarn and the color are all great. I'm still not sure about the length. When I made it longer, I didn't like the way it sat on my hips but now it seems a bit too short. I'm going to leave it as is for now. I have plenty of yarn left over so if it really bothers me, I can lengthen it later.
Big Bad Baby Blanket is also done. However, in the process of knitting it, I ended up getting a stain on it that I can't get out. I'm note sure what it is but my best guess is Mike and Ike's. I have a serious candy habit and I was eating them while knitting this blanket. Can you believe it?! I ran it through the washing machine and it's still there. I looked up candy stains in Stains which recommended soaking it in a solution of water and hydrogen peroxide and letting it dry in the sun. If that doesn't work I'll try dry cleaning. The other option is to embroider over the stain. I was planning to embroider the baby's name on the blanket anyway so that may just solve the whole problem. Other than that drama, it came out really well.
The stain is on the other side. Oh, and by the way, I still don't like knitting baby blankets.
After finishing two projects, I was ready to cast on Green Gable. Let me just say that you have to pay attention to this pattern and READ it carefully. Otherwise, you'll end up ripping it out way too many time or even end up all together. I hung in there and made it through the lacing, finished the sleeves and joined the body and then tried it on and...
...it was too freakin' big! I read the posts on the KAL blog and many people found the sizing to be off. I did the calculations and agreed that the medium was the best call. Wrong!! It gapped at the arms and neckline. Before I got too discourage, I ripped the whole thing out and started again in size small. It looks like I got it right this time.